Last Updated 5/24/20
- 1 GUIDANCE ON DONNING AND DOFFING FOR ED PATIENT ENCOUNTERS
- 2 AIRWAY/CODE DONNING AND DOFFING CHECKLIST
- 2.1 PPE PAPR DONNING VIDEO
- 2.2 PPE PAPR DOFFING VIDEO
- 2.3 PPE BUDDY DOFFING VIDEO
- 2.4 DONATED 3D PRINTED FACE SHIELDS
- 2.5 LENGTH OF TIME FOR FACE SHIELD USAGE
- 2.6 PAPR HOODS
- 2.7 BUNNY SUIT
- 2.8 GOGGLES
- 2.9 REUSING PPE
- 2.10 GLA CONTACT FOR OFFICIAL PPE PURCHASING (NOT DONATIONS)
- 2.11 GLA CONTACTS FOR PPE DONATIONS
- 3 OTHER WLA VA PAGES
GUIDANCE ON DONNING AND DOFFING FOR ED PATIENT ENCOUNTERS
PATIENT ENCOUNTER SCENARIOS AND DETAILED PPE
FOR PATIENTSW/COVID ISOLATION PRECAUTIONS
FOR PATIENTSW/O COVID ISOLATION PRECAUTIONS
AIRWAY/CODE DONNING AND DOFFING CHECKLIST
- Latest laminated version included in the Airway Cart (PAPR Drawer)
- CODE Scenario: N95 Donning & Doffing (File:PPE Donning Checklist ER 2020 N95 for CODE - 4.4.pdf)
- Airway Buddy: N95 Donning & Doffing (File:PPE Donning Checklist ER 2020 N95 buddy - 4.4.pdf)
- PAPR Donning & Doffing (File:PPE Checklist ER 2020 airway PAPR 4.4.pdf)
PPE PAPR DONNING VIDEO
PPE PAPR DOFFING VIDEO
PPE BUDDY DOFFING VIDEO
DONATED 3D PRINTED FACE SHIELDS
- These may not be completely splash proof because of the holes in the front.
- It's best to use goggles to protect your eyes. Please keep the headbands.
- You may discard the clear plastic sheets but they can also be cleaned and reused.
LENGTH OF TIME FOR FACE SHIELD USAGE
- CDC stated, "Eye protection should be discarded if damaged (e.g., face shield can no longer fasten securely to the provider, if visibility is obscured and reprocessing does not restore visibility)."
- A way to optimize the face shield and minimize staff exposure is to have one or two designated person each shift for PUI.
- PAPR hoods are reusable SHARED supply, please send to SPS for decontamination.
- Please do not mars PAPR hoods with your name. We are going to be using them indiscriminately based on your size.
- We secured a limited supply of Inner Hoods with neck covering for use with PAPR.
- We secured a limited supply of special PAPRS with Hood with neck covering.
- There is only one in the airway cart and one in the Med Room.
- We are not re-using these, discard after each use.
- Come in 3 sizes (located in Med Room).
- ED staff will be given safety googles
- Come see Jonie/Kian/Manny/TBlair to get one if you need it
- PAPR hoods - Used PAPR hoods are now community property amongst ED staff since they are being cleaned by SPS (will be labeled ER).
- Cleaning Eye Protection:
- Perform hand hygiene
- Put on gloves
- Use an alcohol wipe across the entire INNER surface
- Use a hospital disinfectant (SaniWipe AF3) to wipe the entire OUTER surface
- Allow to air dry
- Place in brown paper bag till next use
- Remove gloves and perform hand hygiene
- GLA Infection Control Reference file:
GLA CONTACT FOR OFFICIAL PPE PURCHASING (NOT DONATIONS)
- Terry Wolgamott: Terry.Wolgamott@va.gov
GLA CONTACTS FOR PPE DONATIONS
- If you know someone who is interested in donating masks, or other items, to our medical center please have them contact our Voluntary Service dept.
- Alexia Lunningham, Chief of Voluntary Service: Alexia.Lunningham@va.gov or 310-286-3994
- Shirley Bearden, Voluntary Service Specialist: Shirley.Bearden@va.gov or 310-268-3194
OTHER WLA VA PAGES
- WLAVA: COVID19 ED Operational Updates
- WLAVA: COVID-19 ED Airway Main
- WLAVA: Enhanced Screening Tent
- EST Provider Orientation
- WLAVA:Enhanced Screening Tent Telehealth