WLAVA:COVID19 ED Airway
Last Updated: 5/24/20
COVID AIRWAY INTUBATIONS
- Reference document:
- Airway carts are located across charge nurse station. These have PAPR, PPE, and airway equipment including viral filters.
- Code is 1212
- In an airway emergency - grab cart, new Red Airway Box from Med room, Aerosol Box
- Glidescope Go Blades:
- We are running low on the S4 blades (larger blades).
- Please consider using the S3 blades instead as it is unclear when we will receive a resupply of this.
- Jonie has some in her office if needed to safeguard them from being stolen.
- PAPR, belt, tube, and hood are REUSABLE only the plastic cover over breathing tube is disposable.
- Clean PAPR hoods thoroughly with sani-wipes when doffing to decease pathogens.
- PAPRs and the Paprs hoods will be cleaned by SPS so after you are done using it, place in a biohazard bag and leave it in the dirty Utility room of the actual Unit where you intubated.
- Contact SPS M-F 41811, Weekends 310-987-8710 or 323-497-4585. They will pick up, clean and deliver back to ED.
BASIC TECHNIQUE TO TEMPORARILY SECURING AN ET TUBE
SECURING AN ET TUBE WHILE USING AN AIRWAY BOX
DEMONSTRATION OF USING A PONCHO WHILE INTUBATING
Other WLA VA Pages
- WLAVA: COVID19 ED Operational Updates
- WLAVA: Enhanced Screening Tent
- EST Provider Orientation
- WLA VA PPE Main Information Page
- WLAVA:Enhanced Screening Tent Telehealth