Hand and finger diagnoses
- The perinychium includes the nail, the nailbed, and the surrounding tissue.
- The paronychia is the lateral nail folds
- The hyponychium is the palmar surface skin distal to the nail.
- The lunula is that white semi-moon shaped proximal portion of the nail.
- The sterile matrix is deep to the nail, adheres to it and is distal to the lunule.
- The germinal portion is proximal to the matrix and is responsible for nail growth.
Hand and finger injuries
- Distal finger
- Other finger/thumb
- Closed fist infection (Fight Bite)
- Hand cellulitis
- Hand deep space infection
- Herpetic whitlow
- Flexor tenosynovitis
Distal Finger (Including Nail) Injury
- Subungual hematoma
- Distal Phalanx (Finger) Fracture
- Nailbed laceration
- Finger amputation
- Fingertip laceration
- Nail avulsion
- Finger infection
- Distal interphalangeal dislocation (finger)