Error creating thumbnail: File missing
- Remove the Foley catheter if one is in place.
- Place a small amount of lubricant on the proximal aspect of the glans and inner surface of the foreskin
- Grasp the swollen foreskin with the non-dominant hand and apply slow gentle pressure for several minutes while elevating to reduce edema
- With the non-dominant hand, securely hold the proximal aspect of the swollen ring of foreskin with a ring formed by the thumb and the index and middle finger
- Slowly begin pushing the glans into the foreskin with the dominant thumb that is placed over the urethral meatus
- Continue until the foreskin is replaced over the glans
failure of reduction requiring Dorsal Slit
Vilke GM et al. Evaluation and treatment of acute urinary retention. J Emerg Med. 2008: 35:193-198.