Template:MR studies CVA/TIA
- MRI Brain with DWI, ADC (without contrast) AND
- Cervical vascular imaging (ACEP Level B in patients with high short-term risk for stroke):
- MRA brain (without contrast) AND
- MRA neck (without contrast)
- May instead use Carotid CTA or US (Carotid US slightly less sensitive than MRA) (ACEP Level C)
- ACEP Clinical Policy: Suspected Transient Ischemic Attack full text
- Nederkoorn PJ, Mali WP, Eikelboom BC, et al. Preoperative diagnosis of carotid artery stenosis. Accuracy of noninvasive testing. Stroke. 2002;33:2003-2008.