(Redirected from HPV)
- Abbreviation: HPV
- Most common STI in US.
- Over 200 HPV types, with 40 that infect the genital mucosa 
- Associated with cervical, vulvar, penile, anal and oropharyngeal cancer.
- Vaccine available for adolescents 11 and older, and immunocompromised patients.
- Most infections asymptomatic
- Anogenital warts (Condyloma acuminata)
- painless flesh-colored papules or cauliflower-like projections
- Contagious via skin contact
- Cervical cancer
- Clinical diagnosis
- Pap smear for cervical lesions
- Safe-sex counseling
Outpatient follow up
1. CDC: HPV
- Cdc.gov. (2018). Surveillance Manual | HPV | Vaccine Preventable Diseases | CDC. [online] Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/surv-manual/chpt05-hpv.html [Accessed 3 May 2018].