- Temporary splint device used primarily in prehospital setting.
- Suspected extremity fracture
- Assess distal pulse, motor function, and sensation in affected extremity.
- Hold splint in place around extremity in position of comfort.
- Ensure that the side with intake valve is facing away from skin.
- Apply suction device and remove air.
- Seal intake valve and remove suction device.
- Secure splint in place with attached straps.
- Reassess distal pulse, motor function, and sensation.
- Open intake valve
- Disconnect straps
- Note: DO NOT cut splint itself (will release contents - polystyrene beads)