Unity Health - White County Medical Center
Unity Health - White County Medical Center is a 3 year emergency medicine residency program located in Searcy, Arkansas population 24,318. Founded 2015 with AOA accreditation, subsequently accredited by ACGME January 8, 2018. Residents receive a structured education in all required areas of emergency medicine with focus on procedural skills necessary for providing comprehensive care in a community emergency department setting. The Emergency Medicine residency program offers three years of intensive, hands-on training in both hospital and clinic environments.
- EM residency accepts 6 residents per year.
- Level III Trauma Center, 30 bed unit with six resuscitation rooms and an annual census of more than 43,500.
- Didactic curriculum includes Rosh Review, EMsono and Knowledge to Practice (K2P) a curriculum from The Mayo Clinic.
- Toxicology, lecture series provided by Arkansas’s only board-certified toxicologist, Dr. Hank Simmons.
- Annual cadaver lab to enhance procedural skills.
- Experiential learning opportunities in the new Simulation facility which includes high-fidelity manikins and technical skills training.
- Full Simulation lab with ACLS scenarios.
- Trauma and SICU rotations at state’s only adult Level I Trauma Center.
- Pediatric ER & PICU rotations at Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
- Yearly educational stipend for Residents - PGY 1 & 2: $1,000, PGY 3 & 4: $1,500.
- Department Chair:
- Program Director:
- Associate/Assistant Program Director:
- Research Director: