Sign out tools
- In Emergency Medicine, we sign out very frequently relative to other fields.
- Sign outs are common sources of preventable errors.
- Many structured approaches to sign out have been developed.
- Some of those structures have been studied and found to decrease preventable errors in sign out.
Developed and validated in the pediatric field
- Illness severity
- Patient summary
- Action list
- Situation awareness and contingency planning
- Synthesis by receiver
- Amy J. Starmer, Nancy D. Spector, Rajendu Srivastava, April D. Allen, Christopher P. Landrigan, Theodore C. Sectish, the I-PASS Study Group. I-PASS, a Mnemonic to Standardize Verbal Handoffs.Pediatrics
February 2012, VOLUME 129 / ISSUE 2 [[Category:Category:Misc/General}}