Released cement particles from a joint replacement trigger the inflammatory mediators causing cystic changes in adjacent bone.
- Pain at site of joint replacement
- Femur fracture
- Hip dislocation
- Pelvic fractures
- Hip bursitis
- Psoas abscess
- Piriformis syndrome
- Meralgia paresthetica
- Septic arthritis
- Obturator nerve entrapment
- Avascular necrosis of hip
- Plain film x-rays of clinical location
- Orthopedic outpatient management and potential non-emergent hardware revision
- Taljanovic MS, Jones MD, Hunter TB et-al. Joint arthroplasties and prostheses. Radiographics. 2003;23 (5): 1295-314.