- Use only if you would be confident in excluding PE with a neg D-dimer
- If all are present AND low suspicion for PE, no D-dimer needed:
PERC Rule Calculator
- Validated on 7527 patients
- Only 0.9% had PE when PERC negative, no deaths
- Kline JA, et al. Clinical criteria to prevent unnecessary diagnostic testing in emergency department patients with suspected pulmonary embolism. J Thromb Haemost 2004; 2: 1247–55.
- Kline JA, et al. Prospective multicenter evaluation of the pulmonary embolism rule-out criteria. J Thromb Haemost 2008; 6: 772–80. (PMID: 18318689).