Harbor:Hospital Based Violence Intervention Program and Trauma Recovery Center
Hospital-Based Violence Intervention
- Text Page: (310) 501-0522
- The Hospital Based Violence Intervention Team is accepting referrals. We are looking for victims of intentional violence (shootings/stabbings/assault etc).
- Please page the Violence Intervention Team (Consult to Violence Intervention Team) via ORCHID. Team will get pages and should respond in real time M-F, 8-5 but will follow up with all patients after discharge if they are unable to see them in ED or as inpatients)
Trauma Recovery Center
- Text Page: (310) 501-1649
- Qualifying patients: ANY patient who has been a victim of a violence crime at ANY point in the past or ANY close family member of a victim of a violence crime
- You can page anytime. Team will receive pages and should respond in real time M-F, 8-5 but will follow up with all patients after discharge if they are unable to see them in ED or as inpatients.
- Ask nurse or clerk to provide patient or family member with TRC brochure at discharge
- If referring a family member/non-patient, provide TRC brochure and ask them to contact us
- Summary of services: TRC provides mental health and case management services to victims of crime and/or their families (assault, domestic violence, etc). All services are free regardless of insurance or citizenship status. The crime does not have to be the primary reason for the patient’s visit, and patients don’t have to be followed at Harbor to receive services. The crime includes those committed far in the past, including those that may have occurred during childhood. We can serve family members of victims without serving the primary victim. Patients do not have to accept mental health services to get our case management services.