Harbor:Airway management team
What Does the Airway Management Team Respond To
The airway management team is responsible FOR THE AIRWAY ONLY and will respond to:
- All Airway Management Team Pages
- All Code Blues (If already intubated - please check tube placement)
- All Code Whites
- Anesthesia primary always
- ED will also respond when on airway management call
Airway Coverage Times
ED - Sunday 7 AM to Wednesday 7 PM
- Anesthesia - Wednesday 7 PM to Sunday 7 AM
- Whoever has the pager around time of handoff will respond
- Purple Attending, Purple Senior (PGY 3/4) (if available), and ED Pharmacist (if available).
- The Purple Attending may ask the Green Attending or the Peds Attending for assistance at the Purple Attending's discretion.
- The Purple Attending may take another senior resident (PGY 3/4) if the Purple Senior is not available.
- Pick Up: Purple Senior gets from OR front desk at 6:50 AM on Sunday.
- Drop Off: Purple Senior to OR front desk at 6:50 PM on Wednesday.
- The pager cases for anesthesia (extra - not tied to phones) are in the purple doctor's box clipped to the boxes for the McGrath blades.
- The airway management team bags - purple doc box in the drawers under the pager. There are two bags.
- BVM/PPE/MAPS - plastic bags to the right of the drawers. There are two bags.
- Please replace the ED airway tray with one from the crash cart on the floor where it was used
- The Purple Attending, Green Attending, Purple Senior, Green Senior and ED Pharmacist have keys to the drawers.
- Each bag in top compartment:
- Pharmacy will check each day.
- Residents are also responsible for checking the medications and logging this in the log kept in the drawer for pharmacy.
- Replacement of Meds
- Return the box to the pharmacist with a patient sticker for new box
- If no pharmacist take used box with a patient sticker to the trauma nurse for new box
Restock and Bag Check
- Whoever uses the bag is responsible for restocking it.
- The bags will be checked by the Purple Senior as part of the 5S process.
- Zip tie after restocking.
- If zip tie is in place, no need to open
- When you return to the ED:
- Search for patient using magnifying glass in top right corner of Firstnet
- Click “Ad-Hoc” button at top and complete “ED Procedures” form as usual (This will give you procedure log credit)
- Start a new note
- Right-click field at the top that says “Type:”
- Choose “Document Type List” à “Personal”
- Choose “Rapid Response/Code Blue Records”
- If you have not added this Document Type to your personal list, choose “Complete” to see entire list
- Use the “.edairwayteam” autotext to add the template