- Horizontal rotation of the head at frequency of 2 rotations/second - exacerbation of pre-existing headache is positive test.
- Although a 1991 study showed high sensitivity with this test, multiple newer studies have cast doubt on its sensitivity. Although it may be clinically useful in the right subset of patients, it should not be considered to be 100% Sn
- Jolt accentuation of headache: the most sensitive sign of CSF pleocytosis. Headache. 1991 Mar;31(3):167-71.
- Absence of jolt accentuation of headache cannot accurately rule out meningitis in adults. Am J Emerg Med. 2013 Nov;31(11):1601-4
- Jolt accentuation of headache and other clinical signs: poor predictors of meningitis in adults. Am J Emerg Med. 2014 Jan;32(1):24-8