- Abbreviation: L
- A blister chemical agent (vesicant) type of chemical weapon
- Arsenic-containing compound
- Odor of geraniums
- Pain with immediate contact
- May turn skin grayish color around vesicles
- Blister chemical agents (Vesicants)
- Pulmonary chemical agents
- Incendiary agents
- Cyanide chemical weapon agents
- Nerve Agents
- British antilewisite (BAL) – chelating agent to reduce systemic effects from lewisite exposure.
- Won’t alter the blistering effects on skin or airway.
- Only used for patients with shock or severe pulmonary injury given BAL side effect
- Relative contraindications to BAL: Renal disease, pregnancy