Lakeland Health Emergency Medicine Residency
It prides itself on attracting intelligent, ambitious physicians who are dedicated to making a difference in their chosen profession and surrounding communities. Its educators have created a collegial, family oriented atmosphere which utilizes innovative teaching methods to foster a vibrant learning environment. A key component to this dynamic setting is a high level of resident engagement and participation. It is a fully accredited ACGME Residency Program in Southwest Michigan located in St. Joseph, MI
- Conference: Our conference schedule (6 hours protected time on Wednesdays) provides vital educational exposure to the core curriculum of Emergency Medicine. In addition, each resident will be given direct supervision and mentoring in order to achieve academic success and to prepare for oral and written boards. We have recently added an interactive evidence based medicine curriculum and several flipped classroom sessions to our conference schedule.
- Simulation: Lakeland Health has established a high fidelity Simulation Center that provides advanced clinical training for EM residents. Simulation scenarios occur monthly to enhance the residents’ decision-making skills and clinical reasoning. Learners will also have the opportunity to become simulation trainers during the residency program.
- Procedural Competency: Teaching and monitoring of standard ACGME EM procedures including ultrasound are conducted monthly via multiple modalities including procedural task trainers and simulation
- Program Director: Michelino Mancini, DO
- Associate/Assistant Program Director: Jesse Kellar, MD
- Lakeland Health Medical Center, St. Joseph, Michigan
Residency Coordinator: Michele Borre, MS