LLSA Readings: 2012
- 2012 Reading List for Lifelong Learning Self-Assessment (LLSA) Test
- DeBacker D, Biston P, Devriendt J, et al. Comparison of dopamine and norepinephrine in the treatment of shock. N Engl J Med. 2010;362(9):779-789.
- del Portal DA, Shofer F, Mikkelsen, ME, et al. Emergency department lactate is associated with mortality in older adults admitted with and without infections. Acad Emerg Med. 2010;17(3):260-268.
- Landovitz RJ, Currier JS. Postexposure Prophylaxis for HIV infection [clinical practice]. N Engl J Med. 2009;361(18):1768-1775.
- Luzuriaga K, Sullivan JL. Infectious Mononucleosis. N Engl J Med. 2010;362(21):1993-2000.
- Nazarian DJ, Eddy OL, Lukens TW, Weingart SD, Decker WW. Clinical policy: critical issues in the management of adult patients presenting to the emergency department with community-acquired Pneumonia. Ann Emerg Med. 2009;54(5):704-731.
- Barnhart KT. Ectopic Pregnancy [clinical practice]. N Engl J Med. 2009;361(4):379-387.
- Hohl CM, Kelly-Smith CH,Yeung TC, Sweet DD, Doyle-Waters MM, Schulzer M. The effect of a bolus dose of Etomidate on cortisol levels, mortality, and health services utilization: a systematic review. Ann Emerg Med. 2010;56(2):105-113.
- Hollands H, Johnson D, Brox AC, Almeida D, Simel DL, Sharma S. Acute-Onset Floaters and Flashes: is this patient at risk for retinal detachment? JAMA. 2009;302(20):2243-2249.
- Lindenauer PK, Pekow PS, Lahti MC, Lee Y, Benjamin EM, Rothberg MB. Association of corticosteroid dose and route of administration with risk of treatment failure in acute exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. JAMA. 2010;303(23):2359-2367.
- Dargin J, Medzon R. Emergency department management of the airway in obese adults. Ann Emerg Med. 2010;56(2):95-104.
- Jabre P, Combes X, et al. Etomidate versus ketamine for rapid sequence intubation in acutely ill patients: a multicentre randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2009;374:293-300.
- Viccellio A, Santora C, Singer AJ, Thode HC, Henry MC. The association between transfer of emergency department boarders to inpatient hallways and mortality: a 4-year experience. Ann Emerg Med. 2009;54(4):487-491.
American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM)