Helping out on WikEM
(Redirected from Helping Out on WikEM)
- Thanks for wanting to help out on WikEM! People are the core of the wiki. Your knowledge translates into improved bedside practice for everyone.
To get started
- Download our mobile app (if you haven't already done so)
- Create an Account on the website
- Read our editing guidelines
- Start editing!
If you are looking for ways to contribute
- See Helping out on WikEM for ideas on how to help
- Follow what everyone else is doing on WikEM at Recent Changes
- Join our WikEM slack channel at https://openemfoundation.slack.com by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consider donating to help our WikEM support free software and educational resources
- Track your progress and become a WikEM Editor via our open and transparent promotion process
Ways to Contribute
- Create a Needed Page
- Browse the Old Pages which need updating
- Link Pages together to improve navigation among related topics
- Contribute to Actively Edited Pages
- Upload Pictures
- Categorize Existing Content
- Fix broken double redirects
- Add peer-reviewed references to facts not considered general EM knowledge under the category of Articles with Unsourced Statements
Things We are Working On
- Take a look at Recent Changes to see what people have been working on lately.
- Help with minor spelling errors and removal of unclear abbreviations (e.g. pt, fx, cx)
- Help convert trade drug names (Benadryl) to generic (diphenhydramine)
- Contribute to a Journal Club review
- Adding more images to the site
- Add drug information to the site
- Developing "Differential Diagnosis" sections using the transposition function (which makes these same differentials appear on multiple pages in the differential)
Special Pages to Assist
These Special pages can help give you ideas on what needs to be updated on the site:
- Needed Pages
- These are all pages that either need to be made or should be linked to an already existing page. Help by making them.
- Dead End Pages
- All of the pages in this list have no links to other pages. Help us make content easier to find by adding links in the text (using the '''NameofPageLink''' function) and a See Also section at the bottom.
- Oldest Pages
- These are the oldest pages without recent edits. They are perfect for people looking for content to update.
- Pages with the Fewest Revisions
- Similar to the oldest pages list, these are the pages with the fewest revisions.
- Orphaned Pages
- Similar to the Dead End Pages, these pages do not have any links to them. Find some other notes to link to them.