Harbor:Triaging ambulance runs
(Redirected from Harbor: Triaging Ambulance Runs)
- Do a quick H&P/exam, can also get BS, hemocue, breathalyzer
- Normal vitals, normal MS, non-worrisome complaint, can walk/sit in chair, not heavily intoxicated, not suicidal, no active vomiting can go to triage -- if in doubt, ask an attending
- Try not to get bullied by the charge nurse to send patients out. You know better!
- All patients cleared to go through triage need documentation in Orchid using .edambutriage template
- In general, we aren't really supposed to send out any transfers (MLK, Harbor on-campus clinic, Harbor Urgent Care) or ED trauma patients to triage, but in severely overcrowded cases, it can be done, just run it by the attending