ED equipment issues
For equipment issues, notify the Area Charge RN to report the issue. Also notify the appropriate director below so they can follow up:
- Cisco phones - notify Charge RN to get replacement phone and Dr. Chappell
- Ultrasound equipment - notify Dr. T. Jang
- AED and RME equipment - notify Dr. Chappell
- PED equipment - notify Dr. P. Padlipsky
- IT equipment, including computers and landline phones - place a ticket by using hospital intranet IT support icon or calling in ticket, and also notifying the appropriate area Director above to follow up.
This is the new version of our current model. Quick tips for getting started:
- To turn on, hold the square button on the side about 2 seconds (it will beep when it turns on)
- Insert probe (same as old ones, spares are in the supply room I the special equipment cart); it has a red lens cap to help keep it clean – please replace this after use
- The light turns green on the tip when it is level; there will be a warning on the screen if you are too far or too close to the eye
- Push the arrow to measure … it will average the measurements (discards highest and lowest of 6) and display in green; if there is too much variability, it recommends repeating your measurement.
- Hold the square button down for 2 seconds again to turn it off.
If you get an error message, please email Brad Chappell.
Teaching Slit Lamp
- Diagram of How to Use It
- A.Wu Dir AAED 2/14/17
- Chappell DIR RME 5-29-18