- Factors that can cause false-negative D-dimer
- Factors that can cause false-positive D-dimer
- Traditional cutoff value = 500
- Age-adjusted (for over 50 years old) = age x 10
- Maintains high sensitivity while increasing specificity
- D-dimer threshold increase. Kline et. al.
- Pediatric Emergency Playbook Podcast: Big Labs, Little People
- Sharp AL, et al. An Age-Adjusted D-dimer Threshold for Emergency Department Patients with Suspected Pulmonary Embolus: Accuracy and Clinical Implications. Feb 2016. Annals of EM. 67(2);249-257.