WLAVA:COVID19 ED Airway
Airway Cart x 2 & COVID-19 Attending (3rd Overnight 11a-7p) Restocking Responsibilities
- Reference document:
- New Airway carts are located across from MD station/Rm 6-7. These have PAPR, PPE, and airway equipment including viral filters.
- Code is 1212
- In an airway emergency - grab cart, Glidescope Go and a bag of disposable meds in the MED ROOM, and PAPR hood if reused.
- PAPR, belt, tube, and hood are REUSABLE only the plastic cover over breathing tube is disposable.
- Clean PAPR hoods thoroughly with sani-wipes when doffing to decease pathogens.
- PAPRs and the Paprs hoods will be cleaned by SPS so after you are done using it, place in a biohazard bag and leave it in the dirty Utility room of the actual Unit where you intubated.
- Contact SPS M-F 41811, Weekends 310-987-8710 or 323-497-4585. They will pick up, clean and deliver back to ED.
3rd Overnight 11p-7a (COVID-19) Attending Duties:
- Airway management for crash COVID patients.
- At the beginning of the shift, please go through the airway cart and make sure everything is stocked in the right numbers. A list will be provided in the cart.
- Help other attendings with ED patient load.
- If you cannot find an item, email Derrick, Miguel, Lisa and Jonie.