Difference between revisions of "Torsades de pointes"
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
1-2gm over 1-2 ; then 1-2gm/hr gtt
Revision as of 22:15, 27 February 2012
Drugs that inhibit P450
- certain antihistamines like terfandadine or astemizole, inhibit the delayed rectifier potassium channel
- terfenadine is completely metabolized in liver. Once metabolized, has no cardiac activity
- unmetabolized terfenadine has quinidine- like activity- gives torsades
- if P450 enz inhibited by other drug, then will have increase in concentration of unmetabolized terfanadine.
- 1-2gm IV over 1-2 min; then 1-2gm/hr gtt
- Overdrive pacing
- Goal HR 90-120
- 2-8 mcg/min
10/07 DONALDSON (adapted from Tintinalli, Lampe)