- Dosage Forms:
- Routes of Administration:
- Common Trade Names:
- Use the single-dose, prefilled syringe (not the prefilled pen) for SQ injection
- Reconstitute sarilumab 400 mg in 100 cc 0.9% NaCl and administer as an IV infusion over 1 hour
- Allergy to class/drug
Mechanism of Action
- Use as an alternative immunomodulatory drug if tocilizumab is not available or not feasible to use (BIIa).
- In the United States, the currently approved route of administration for sarilumab is SQ injection. In the REMAP-CAP trial, the SQ formulation was used to prepare the IV infusion.